A blog that touches on life's many ways in a different prospective.

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Update... I guess?

When I started this blog I didn't have in mind that it would be one of those diary type blogs. You know the kind, where people tell you all about their problems, what makes them happy etc.  However, I know its time for a new post on here and all I can think about is my 'life' in general. So I guess here is an 'Update' on my life:

As you may know, I was cast as 'Ruth' in 'Pirates of Penzance' for my high school's spring musical. This past week there has been practice from 10-4:30 everyday. Except today, which went until 6. That will give you an idea of why it's very hard for me to think about anything else.

This is my fourth year in a row as belonging to this particular theater group, and I've learned a lot about the people around me and about people in general. At Greater Portland Christian School, which is the school at which I do theater, the kids are really... different. Four years ago when I joined, more than half the school kids didn't know who I was and didn't care. I hung out with the fellow home schoolers and had a great time. However throughout the years I've really started to belong with the school kids. Particularly this year. Also, when I first started going to theater here back in seventh grade, I looked up to the big kids as the most perfect people in the whole world. I thought that because they got the leads in the shows and that they actually knew where they were going to college that they were completely perfect, and I wanted to be just like them. This year however I am one of the 'big kids' or 'leads'. I have a few little girls following me around, wanting to talk to me or get a piggy back ride whenever possible. This got me thinking: Why is it that they think I am any better than they are? I surly don't feel any better. I do have a lead in the show, but that is because during auditions the director liked the way I sounded. Not because I was a perfect singer who was going to be a famous person some day. Although I don't mind the kids attention I just wish I could tell them somehow that I'm no different than they are.

As it is spring, school is a pressing issue. This week I haven't been able to do much school at all, in fact I really haven't done any. Tomorrow, my first day off since last Sunday, is going to be 90% filled with school. The other 10% is for Mass. I am hoping to finish school by the end of the first week of June. I've been thinking a lot about this and I've gotten myself worried. Then I realized that it doesn't matter when I end. I'm going to end at some point, and next fall I will be starting Junior year. Why not just take time and enjoy life AND enjoy being a sophomore while I can? So that's my plan. Work my butt off trying to finish, just so I can have a nice summer vacation, but not worry so much about is, as most people do.


I think that's quite enough for one post, don't you?

As my friends in the theater call me,

     Mooroo



No comments:

Post a Comment